Just like Exploitation movies could be a possibility for filmmakers to realize their dirty and in many cases cheaper visions – at least compared to Hollywood’s standards – the soundtracks to those films could also be a playground for musicians to try out different techniques and sounds. For the latest UV Funk show Philipp Demankowski put a mix together with his favorite soundtrack tunes to praise those often forgotten tunes. From the legendary Funk soundtracks of the Blaxploitation movies to the raunchy rhythms of early sex comedies. There are some big names like Morricone and Schifrin but also a lot of composers who aren’t on your check list. The selected movies aren’t Exploitation movies at all costs but there is a similar vibe to the music. And if you’re more into those synth heavy Horror soundtracks check out the second part of UV Funk’s Soundtrack Special which will be uploaded soon.
There are two versions of the show. You can just listen to the music over at Soundcloud. Or you can listen to the complete radio show at Mixcloud with Philipp talking about the music and the associated movies in German.
- Bill Conti – Reflections [Rocky]
- Franco Micalizzi – Robert’s Theme [Chi Sei]
- Manfred Hübler und Sigfried Schwab – The Lions And The Cucumber [Vampyros Lesbos]
- Fred Myrow And Malcolm Seagrave – End Of The Game [Phantasm]
- Art Ensemble of Chicago – Thème De Yoyo [Les Stances à Sophie]
- Lalo Schifrin – Torture Sequence Prison Talk Sequence [THX – 1138]
- Vangelis – Roxane’s Dance [Alexander]
- Stelvio Cipriani – Sex Chase [Femina Ridens]
- Ennio Morricone – Pazzia In Cielo [Maddalena]
- Nino Rota – O Venezia (Coming Home by Nouvelle Vague)
- Riz Ortolani – Massacre Of The Troupe [Cannibal Holocaust]
- Barry De Vorzon – Theme From ‘The Warriors’ [The Warriors]
- Goblin – Death Dies (Album) [Profondo Rosso]
- Gerhard Heinz – Isle Of Reggae [Sex Fever]
- Manu Dibango – Motapo [Kusini]
- Deodato – Also Sprach Zarathustra [2001: A Space Odyssey]
- Roy Ayers – Brawling Broads [Coffy]
- Marvin Gaye – T Stands For Trouble [Trouble Man]
- Curtis Mayfield – Pusherman [Superfly]
- Alain Goraguer – Deshominisation (I) [La Planete Sauvage]
- Serge Gainsbourg – Requiem Pour Un Con [Le Pacha]
- Annibale E I Cantori Moderni – Trinity (Titoli) [Lo chiamavano Trinità]
UV Funk is a radio show which is broadcasted every third Friday from 9:30 pm to 11:00 pm on Dresden based community radio station coloRadio. Radio listeners in Dresden can tune in to the program on 98,3 or 99,4 MHz. Any other listeners can recall it here. The show is hosted by @Philipp Demankowski. It’s all about stories, interviews and tracks out of the world of Cosmic Electronic Music.
The show was aired on 20th May 2016.